BAY CITY, Mich.––It's the spookiest time of the year again! When little ghouls and goblins will be running around at night collecting candy house by house. At Graff Bay City, our number one priority is your safety, which goes well beyond driving your Chevy. Follow these Halloween safety tips to make sure everyone gets home safe (and with tons of candy!).
If You're Walking...
- Before heading out, instruct your children to always wait to cross the street with you or another adult. Additionally, always use the designated crosswalks and observe the traffic signals.
- Be wary of oversized costumes. It will be dark out and your child may trip on their costume if it's too big and baggy.
- Be careful with masks, as they often obstruct vision. See if you can convince your child to use face paint instead!
- Try attaching reflective tape to your child's costume. Or, give them a flashlight or glow sticks to carry, making them more visible to cars.
- Also as a general rule, children under the age of 12 should not be unsupervised.
If You're Driving...
- In general, we recommend driving 5 mph below the speed limit in neighborhoods.
- Make sure to use turn signals to communicate your intentions to other drivers. It will make navigating a busy neighborhood much easier for everyone.
- Watch for vehicles in front of you. Cars will be stopping intermittently in the street to drop kids off at houses or pick them up. Also be cautious of passing a stopped vehicle as kids may be exiting abruptly and not in your line of sight.
- Watch for kids running in to the road. Young, candy crazed kids may be running around and accidentally run into the street. They also may be standing by or on the curb, or in medians. So best to be cautious.
- Even before sunset, turn on your headlights. It will help illuminate the street and sidewalks.
- Put down the phone! You should never text and drive, but on Halloween night you especially need to avoid distracting yourself.
- Give the right of way to groups of trick-or-treaters at intersections and cross walks.
Make sure everyone can enjoy their candy and trick-or-treating this year by observing our Halloween safety tips. They will help to keep the night spooky and safe! Join us for the SVSU Trunk-or-Treat event happening Friday, October 28th for a weather-proof, fun, and safe trick-or-treating experience. See our Facebook event for all the details. You can be safe all season long by taking care of routine and seasonal vehicle maintenance. Check out all our Fall Car Care tips for information on how to get your car ready for winter, and let us know how we can help.
Hank Graff Chevy is located at 3636 Wilder Road, Bay City, MI 48706 and we can help you find the perfect vehicle for your weekend getaway! For more information on Hank Graff Chevrolet, or for any questions call us at (989) 684-4411 or visit our website: www.GraffBayCity.com.
Follow us: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+